** Deadline for applications for this workshop is January 30, 2019 **
This workshop seeks to bring together experts in industry, academia, and regulatory affairs to discuss current advances and future goals in the field of precision medicine. In alignment with SAMSI’s year-long Program on Statistical, Mathematical, and Computational Methods for Precision Medicine (PMED), our speakers will range in topics from hospital care and workflow, pharmaceutical development, observational and real-world evidence, and regulatory developments.
The workshop will feature two round-table discussions:
1. Lessons and Challenges in Observational Health Data: A round-table debate on the work generated by the Observed Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) and the Observational Health Data Sciences and Informatics program (OHDSI). The panel will be led by Rosa Gini (Agenzia regionale di sanità della Toscana, Florence, Italy), Miguel Hernan (Harvard), David Madigan (Columbia University), and Marc Suchard (UCLA).
2. Regulatory Advancements in the FDA: A panel discussion about recent developments in the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) and Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). The panel will be led by Telba Irony (FDA CBER).
The workshop will also feature a presentation speed-session for researchers to introduce their work. Confirmed speakers for this event include:
- Rosa Gini (Agenzia regionale di sanità della Toscana, Florence, Italy)
- Miguel Hernan (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
- David Madigan (Statistics Department, Columbia University)
- Marc Suchard (Departments of Biomathematics and of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA)
- Gilles Gnacadia (Amgen)
- Dukka B. Kc (NC A&T State University)
- Alistair Johnson (MIT)
- Madalina Fiterau (University of Massachusetts – Amherst)
- Brian K. Walsh (Liberty University)
- Glen Wright Colopy (Oxford University)
- Telba Irony (FDA CBER)
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org