Course Day and Time: Course was held at SAMSI in RTP on Tuesdays, 4:30-7:00 p.m. in Room 150.
First class Tuesday, January 8, 2013 – last class day, Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
Course Description: This course focused on fundamental methodological questions of statistics, mathematics and computer science posed by massive datasets, with applications to astronomy, high energy physics, and the environment.
- Data: storage and transfer of massive datasets, missing and noisy data, complex data structures
- Computing: efficient computational algorithms, simulation
- Visualization: data visualization to enhance human understanding
- Statistical Inference: problems and opportunities in high dimensional data; false discovery rates; regularization, Bayes and empirical Bayes; parametric, semi-parametric and non- parametric modeling; leveraging algorithms and computer resources
Registration for this course is processed through your respective university:
- Duke: STA 790.01
- NCSU: MA 810.002 and ST 810.010
- UNC:STOR 892.1
Questions: email email@example.com