October 15 and 16, 2014, preceding the 2014 SACNAS National Conference in Los Angeles, CA.
As part of the Mathematical Sciences Collaborative Diversity Initiatives, nine mathematics institutes are pleased to host their annual pre-conference event, the 2014 Modern Math Workshop (MMW). MMW begins with registration at 11:30 am on Wednesday, October 15, and ends at noon on October 16.
The Modern Math Workshop is intended to encourage minority undergraduates to pursue careers in the mathematical sciences and to assist undergraduates, graduate students and recent PhD’s in building their research networks.
Most participants attending this workshop are supported by SACNAS as part of the SACNAS National Conference (use link to apply to SACNAS). If you receive a notice from SACNAS that you are expected to attend the Modern Math Workshop (MMW), you will also be receiving a notice from us with a link for registration for MMW.
There is a very limited amount of funding available directly from MMW to fund attendance at MMW and SACNAS. Priority for these funds will be given to minority early career researchers and faculty.
Apply for funding: here
Questions: email email@example.com
- General Schedule
- Undergraduate Activities
- Graduate Student and Early Career Researcher Activities
- Flyer for 2014 Modern Math Workshop
- AIM (American Institute of Mathematics)
- IAS (Institute for Advanced Study)
- ICERM (Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics)
- IMA (Institute for Mathematics and its Applications)
- IPAM (Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- MBI (Mathematical Biosciences Institute)
- MSRI (Mathematical Sciences Research Institute)
- NIMBioS (National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis)
- SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute)